At the Pickering City Council meeting this coming Monday (December 16th), Councillor Maurice Brenner and Regional Councillor Kevin Ashe will be moving a motion calling for the decommissioning and dismantling of the Pickering Nuclear Station as expeditiously as possible after it is shutdown in 2024.
Immediate dismantling of this 53-year-old plant will open the way for the revitalization of Pickering’s waterfront. It will also create 16,000 person-years of employment in Pickering between 2024 and 2034.
To learn more about the benefits of immediate dismantling, see our short report: Making the Right Choice for Pickering’s Waterfront.
To read the full text of the motion please click here.
What you can do:
1. Please contact Mayor Ryan and your local Pickering Councillors and ask them to support Maurice Brenner’s and Kevin Ashe’s motion. Click here for their contact information.
2. Please click here to sign our petition calling for the immediate dismantlement of the Pickering Nuclear Station after it closes.
3. Attend the Monday December 16th, 7 p.m. Pickering City Council meeting to show your support for Councillors Brenner and Ashe.
4. Please pass this message on to your friends.
– Angela Bischoff, Director